1999 Cricket World Cup - World Cup Winners Australia
The 7th World Cup went back to England and the one defining thing that really caught out the spread bettors was the amount of wides for the tournament as they went to low and they took a hammering as the white ball was used for the first time and the leading bowlers could not control it and this market went mad.
This tournament will be remembered for one match and that was the world cup semi-final between Australia and South Africa. as with one over remaining Damien Fleming prepared to bowl to Lance Klusener with South Africa needing one to win, Australia were all but out but Klusener and Allan Donald had a horrendous running mix-up, the match was tied, and Australia went through on net run-rate.
Australia went on to whip Pakistan who had played really well up to the final but under pressure they cracked and Australia went on to be clear world cup winners which looked unlikely in the earlier rounds.
- West Indies v England 3rd ODI Odds Betting is tight for series decider
- West Indies v England 1st ODI Odds Back Jos Buttler to fire the tourists to victory
- New Zealand v India 1st Test Odds Back Kane Williamson to shine in Auckland
- Australia v England 3rd T20 Odds Hosts on the verge of another series whitewash
- Australia v England 2nd T20 Odds Tourists bid to level the series in Melbourne
- Australia v England 1st T20 Betting Luke Wright can shine for the tourists in Hobart
- Australia v England 5th ODI Betting Tourists bid to sign off series with a win in Adelaide
- Australia v England 4th ODI Betting Tourists are on the verge of equalling record losing run